Saturday 15 September 2012

Couple Portrait Inspiration, Lighting Ideas and Plan

Inspiration: Sally Mann

SallyMann.com

SallyMann.com

Lighting Plan :

 
On Monday I am having a Photoshoot for my "couple" portrait. I have chosen to photograph children; my two little brothers (2 and 5 years old) and my two twin girl cousins (both 5).
Sally Mann's Photographs of her children are my inspiration, I admire how Sally captures her children in a way that makes them look a heap older than they are. So I'd like to see if I could do this with the kids on Monday. I'm going to try both the black and white background to see which is most effective and I'm only going to have one light on the subjects up high and pointed down from the side. 
As the brief asked for a portrait of just two people I will photograph all four children in pairs and then switch the pairs around. I want at least one of the kids looking into the camera and the other can be looking away. 
But of cause we are talking about children under six here so I'll just hope for the best!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment