Monday 20 August 2012

Studio Portrait Assignment Research

  Influence:

Bill Henson
Untitled #8, 2007/08
Bill Henson
Untitled #32, 1998
Bill Henson
Untitled #21, 1998/1999/2000
Bill Henson
Untitled #115, 2000/2003

Plan

Bill Henson is my favorite Photographer and this semester in studio I want my folio to respond and to be inspired by Henson's work. I'll be mainly working with dark backgrounds and soft lighting in my folio work.

For the photograph in which I must use a second light source other than flash I am thinking of using an iPhone but having it as a prop as well as a light source.  
The concept behind this photograph will be a lost (possibly drunk/drugged) girl walking through darkness with her iPhone in hand trying to find something/someone.
I will perhaps have my camera set to Bulb and capture some multiple exposure while kate is walking towards me and also have the iPhone's light streaking through the exposure.

Practice Shoot


Today I did a Practice Shoot with my model Kate Rosier. The above shots are a basic example of what I will be trying to achieve on Monday's studio shoot - I will set up a Flash and soft box to gently light Kate but the idea of the photo is that its very dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment